Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why do officers only have pistols in Demo

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

Hey I'm back with all my questions

This time I used the search and found nothing. The search engine stinks its just puts me into a daze. Any way I have watched enough history channel and seen enough movies as well as my grandfather being a veteran of WWII and officers pack more firepower than a pistol. Any thoughts or reason why CM officers only have pistols???

Hopefully only Demo has this and full version has them with a little more firepower

You certainly are the curious one, aren't you?

In the Full Version, the HQ Unit itself packs a variety of small arms (carbines, SMG's, rifles) depending on the force mix --- but there is always one man in the bunch with 'just' a pistol, yes.

You can assume that's the Head Honcho if ya like --- personally, I like to think it's the radio-man.

Guest Shatter50

You certainly are the curious one, aren't you?

Hey with out me asking questions how will I ever be a veteran like the rest. Besides I like to learn new things about WWII even if it is a game.

Guest Shatter50

While I am asking questions I know it is probably in the search or in some other column. Anyway where do I go for battles agaist other internet players I have battle other sites and can't find CM Please anybody????? Maybe I should change my name to the Question Guy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

While I am asking questions I know it is probably in the search or in some other column. Anyway where do I go for battles agaist other internet players I have battle other sites and can't find CM Please anybody????? Maybe I should change my name to the Question Guy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just post a thread here asking for a PBEM, or go to one such and email the person asking for a game. There are a couple of sites for matching folks up, but I'm not aware of their URLs because I get my games within the Peng Challenge thread. I don't think you should go there quite yet, though. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Shatter50

Are you guys as good as you all brag or just trying to scare newbies off. Not a joke am serious. I have battled others in other sites on other games and it all sounds the same bunch of braggers. Where are these stats I read about I would like a little proof to believe. And I think all of you will find I am a very quick learner.

Are you guys as good as you all brag or just trying to scare newbies off. Not a joke am serious. I have battled others in other sites on other games and it all sounds the same bunch of braggers. Where are these stats I read about I would like a little proof to believe. And I think all of you will find I am a very quick learner.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, a couple of the people there are very good, others are only adequate, and some are probably outright bad. All of the 'bragging' is compeltely tongue in cheek. This aspect of irony and the rather 'insider' kidding and abuse on the thread is why I thought you might not want to go there yet, not any comment on your playing ability. While all are welcome, it is a thread that takes a little adjustment... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Shatter50

Anyway where do I go for battles against other internet players. I have battled in other sites and can't find CM Please anybody????? Maybe I should change my name to the Question Guy

Thanks Seanachi

Would still like to hear thoughts about CM human to human battles from other members.

Any thoughts or reason why CM officers only have pistols?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they?

At least in the Gold demo the battalion HQ packs more firepower than a VG squad (an assortement of pistols, SMGs, ARs, rifles and LMGs). It's just that the graphically presented figure have only a gun, to make it easier to recognise as an HQ amongst other units.

IMO it's the battalion, and perhaps also company, HQs that have too much firepower.

Their firepower should come from a separate security/bodyguard detachment.

Oh, and don't forget all the other rear are units like chefs, medics, clerks, etc. that fought so bravely in the Bulge...

Cheers

Olle

Anyway where do I go for battles against other internet players. I have battled in other sites and can't find CM Please anybody????? Maybe I should change my name to the Question Guy

Thanks Seanachi

Would still like to hear thoughts about CM human to human battles from other members.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, Shatter, I found one of those URL's again. This site, Rugged Defense: Combat Mission page, has a 'find PBEM Opponents' section:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/edwin.vos/cm/cm.htm

------------------

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 08-22-2000).]

Guest Shatter50

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Shatter, I found one of those URL's again. This site, Rugged Defense: Combat Mission page, has a 'find PBEM Opponents' section:

Thanks when I get my game you will see me there.