Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Machine Gun in mid-air BUG!

Guest Johnsog

Guest Johnsog

I was playing Reisburg last night on the US side. Anyway, there was a german machine gun in a building. I targeted two tanks using HE to nail him. Imagine my suprise when the building exploded, leaving him in his 'dug in' position in mid-air continuing to fire at my advancing force. Eventually the unit was destroyed, leaving him dead...suspended in mid-air... This bug occured in v1.03.

Another thing which suprises me in PBEM, or saving a game. I can have my troops hiding in a tree line or under some trees, when I get the file back, or reload a mission, they are sometimes now sitting out in the open, with the trees I'd put them under, now 5 meters to their right... hmmm, the ol' case of wandering trees.

Guest Shatter50

Last night I read the trees in the woods or scattered areas only represent the terrain type their is actually no trees in front of your troops they are just located in an area that has trees. As for the floating German I have no idea.

Read tree bug in Demo for more info

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 08-21-2000).]

Actually, this weekend I saw an odd positioning bug as well. It was the setup phase of the scenario "L'Elle River Crossing" and there was a German MG [NB: I refuse to put a spoiler warning for information as basic as "The Germans have a MG in that scenario tongue.gif] set up on the top floor of a building ... almost. Selecting the unit, it said it was located in "open ground" but the unit was clearly up in the air level with the top floor. The building walls were displayed normally (i.e. not removed/translucent to show occupants). I just selected him and gently encouraged him to come in off the window ledge and seek counselling.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest Johnsog

Yeah, fair enough about the trees and stuff. That's fine, I don't have any trouble with it. But I hope somebody does look into the Machine Gunner in mid-air issue.

Thanks guys.