Now that we're all getting excited about TCP/IP...

Now that we're all getting excited about TCP/IP, it would be nice to have some really good QB's to play with.

However, I find the QB random map generator to be, well, um...[gulp] a little lacking in variety, interest, and realism (eg. no rivers or bridges). The random map generator is quite clever, but nothing can replace the human touch.

With the excellent historical and fictional maps that came with the game, along with all those maps developed by WBW and others, wouldn't it be fantastic to use these maps in combination with the QB generator?

Then the players would agree on number of points per side, to be deployed in zones along the north/south or east/west sides of the maps.

I've seen this suggestion posted in the past, but I have never seen it seriously addressed.

Is this something BTS has considered in the past, or is considering for future patches or game versions?

Two things I would like to see with QB would be an open force selection with max pts in each category and the ability to delete elements of companies.

That way you can get a decent inf mix and 1 or 2 tanks in support. The way it is now under combined arms you are forced to buy too many tanks and too little vet inf when you defend. Esp the US who are forced too pay for all those company assets.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hundminen:

However, I find the QB random map generator to be, well, um...[gulp] a little lacking in variety, interest, and realism (eg. no rivers or bridges). The random map generator is quite clever, but nothing can replace the human touch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. After a while, the QB maps all look the same... I never thought that would happen.

I may be influenced by my tendency to do quite well on user-designed maps, and so-so on the QB maps.

But being able to QB on a pre-defined map would add spice - and would allow force mixes to be refined and tested without a lot of work.

Guest Germanboy

Just ask a friend to do that for you. If you offer to reciprocate I am sure you can find people who will do that. I have some long-term PBEM partners with whom I do that. You can also send them a list of forces to buy for each side, do a tournament save et voila.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-23-2000).]

BUMP

I'd love to see a response from the BTS team to this one.

I should add that what I'm really suggesting is something akin to map selection on CC2 on the zone, where the maps were somewhat known, both sides free to select units up to their allotment, and only the deployment areas were unknown, but opponents usually reviewed the map before starting.. That was the single coolest featue of CC2 multiplayer.