Spare commanders in Quick Battles?

I've been playing a lot of quick battles with the computer picking the forces. I've found it leads to some very interesting games (though, once, I was playing a 500 point meeting engagement, and the computer only picked 140 points worth of troops for my side, while giving itself a full alotment. It's tough to win a battle with only a Sherman V and a Vickers MG team wink.gif )

Anyway, my real question is would it be possible for the computer to choose a spare platoon commander or two on occasion? In the premade scenarios, these extra commanders are extremely useful for support weapons, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't happen in the quick battles. Thanks!

Nope, no "spare" commanders. If you setup your Quick-Battle allowing for human force selection (rather than "automatic" computer selection) you will see that extra commanders are not available. The only way to get an extra commander is to purchase an entire company. You'll get a company commander and sometimes an extra platoon leader. I think the extra platoon leader may be a function of the number of "support" units purchased.