MadMatt and CoolColj - winter clothes?

Hey guys,

Most vehicle's summer camouflage jobs in winter scenarios is getting to me a bit.

MadMatt, I loved your winterized Hetzer, so I sat down and fiddled in the bumps directory for a little while. It seems to me that the game will automatically load a texture set for winter if it's the same filename but preceded by a '1'.

I'm dying to see a winter Panther or Tiger, so my first thought was just to take one of the original bumps, modify it, and save it with a '1' in the name.

Simply 'modifying' it is not a pleasant proposition however. Using Windows' Paint, it means basically touching almost every pixel in the file. What software packages are you guys using? How are you making these? Is there a package which will just substitute one color range for another? Any hints available for the good of the fledgling modsters?

CoolColj, I also like your divisional and tactical markings, but it appears that the game uses the same side-bump for both sides of the vehicle. Any way of getting around this that you know of?

Do tell, I want to start my modified collection of vehicle bumps!

ianc