Running over Infantry

Guest Scott Clinton

You can not 'run over' infantry in CM. Your tank may have moved through the enemy unit...and the enemy unit may have suffered casualities...but it was not from being 'run over'.

This has been covered many times before. Do a search on it and you will find at least a half-dozen long threads dedicated to it.

Sorry to disappoint (even though I think it is more realistic the way it is). frown.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 05-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 05-26-2000).]

What I have found interesting is that on several occasions I have overrun American infantry with my Panther and they usually surrender. Sometimes multiple squads will surrender. Maybe the sight of that steel beast just shakes their nerves too much to continue.

Barbarossa

Are minimum range issues dealt with? There is perhaps a 20 foot radius around a tank where the tank can't shoot at infantry with the main gun because it can't depress it enough. This is the reason for nablawhatsithingysthatthegermanshad. Is this in CM?

--Chris

Guest Captain Foobar

Don't say that word!!!!! The last time it was uttered there was an international incident!!! hehe. But seriously, I believe the minimum range do to barrel depression is modeled, however I have fired my main gun at units 20 meters away, but it was uphill, and directly in front of the barrel.. OUCH