Saved Private Ryan??

********** SPOILER **********

Wanted to say to "Wild" Bill that I jus finished the Ryan scenario for the first time (whadda rush!) an gotta tactical victory. Here's how:

I lost most every man redface.gif , but would you believe I actually remained on the south side of the bridge the whole scenario!? I only had 1 man left in Millers squad. It was nerve rack'n to say the least. A Tiger an a Marder managed to make it to the north side of the bridge within the last 3 turns but "Ryan" managed to hide in a house near the bridge with bout 20 secs to go. In walked 8 Germs an I thought he was cooked! But Ryan douched one of them via pistol an managed to stay alive..lol..Could'nt believe my eyes when the scenario ended an they were staring eachother down. I'm super sure Ryan became a maid for the Fuhrer for a bit. smile.gif Thanx so much for your continued dedication to this game...awesome baby!

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Grognerd_Fogman

Isn't this a great Scenario? I just posted on it in another thread. But damned I loved it. Lost about 3/4 of my men, but never had to retreat to the alamo. 20+ kills with most squads as well. One Bazooka took out the tiger his last shot, followed by my air support bombing the **** out of my machine gun. Oh well, he was surrenedered anyway I think. Things were getting kind of dicey but Captain Miller and co. stuck it to the last squad they saw. Hoo ya.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

Thanks Fellas. Its one of my personal all time favorites. I've played the scenario more times than I've watched the movie. Playing it puts all those final scenes back into my head. And there is plenty of room there wink.gif

I'm very happy you guys liked it. Thanks for letting me know.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com