Combat Mission : the song

deanco

Well, I just got back from the studio where we have finished the basic tracks for an original song I wrote (today, in the studio, in 1 1/2 hours) called "Combat Mission". As far as I know it WILL be released someday, somewhere, somehow... maybe... but I prefer to wait before giving more details because, in the music business, you haven't done the gig until you get paid. smile.gif When I have the CD in my grubby little hands I will believe it, and share it with y'all. BTW, the song talks about war, and not about the game, and there are no references to the game in it at all. Only the initiated will know the true inspiration ....that's y'all. Like I said, don't hold your breath to hear it....if things work out (always doubtful in this biz) I'll let you know.

DeanCo--

I have also written a song inspired by Combat Mission. It goes something like this.

Chorus

Oh I'm a fallschrimjaeger and I'm ok

I sleep all night and I hide all day

I'd jump off planes

If we had any left

But failing that I like ambushing best.

I wear high boots

And a funny hat

I like to shoot wild Brits

I put on spotty clothing

And you can call me Fritz

Chorus

I've lots of pockets in my coat

They're full of bombs and stuff

I wanted to be a gerbil

But I wasn't baad enough

Chorus

Whatcha think?

Joe

Hi everybody,

Ummm...let's say, it sounds like a vastly simplfied Frank Zappa tune, with a celestial choir singing the "Combat Mission" part and a distorted 70's rythym guitar, and drums and bass that sound kinda like "Sex Machine" and a kind of crooning low voice (mine) singing the lead vocal. Let's put it this way, it *doesn't* have "hit" written all over it. smile.gif No mp3's, sorry, the whole thing is under lock and key, I can't even listen to it myself. Not that I want to, I musta heard it 60 times today during the mix and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. smile.gif I'll post the lyrics later though, too tired now.

DeanCo--