Great idea for CM 2

Having noticed the recent trend for ideologicall and political debate(albeit rather childish "my dads bigger than your dad"type stuff),resulting in a noticeable increase in locked threads,and an alarming air of animosity creeping into things,I thought it might be appropriate to ditch the battlefield graphics completely in favour of a new approach.Cm2 could instead be set in dingy pubs and rundown meeting halls where the aim of the game is to convince your audience that your particular political ideology is the only true one,and no-one could possibly be more patriotic than you.After all,everything could be just great if it wasnt for those pesky foreigners and/or "other guys" who are out to ruin things for your great country.Eventually with the right tactics you could rise to power and start a world war of your very own.It could be called "Combat Mission -Beyond A Joke".Come on guys lighten up a bit.One of the things I liked about this site when I first discovered it was the friendliness and carmaraderrie (please ignore my spelling)and some of my early postings requesting help overwhelmed me with the fast and helpfull response.Im not saying that there isnt still a majority of people out there who just want to share their love of this game,but it would be a shame to let a minority use it as a platform to air their jaundiced political views.Im sure there are sites where they can do this to their hearts content,but hopefully this isnt one of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crepitis:

".Come on guys lighten up a bit.One of the things I liked about this site when I first discovered it was the friendliness and carmaraderrie (please ignore my spelling)and some of my early postings requesting help overwhelmed me with the fast and helpfull response..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crep

Its somewhat impolite to not address either a person or a group and then not even sign your name.

Lewis

crepitis:

A lot of us here still try to help, and generally steer clear of the inflammatory debates. I'm pleased to see that most of the controversial stuff getting is getting locked up lately. People are free to e-mail each other and have private political debates.

Keep the faith.

GAFF

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Crep

Its somewhat impolite to not address either a person or a group and then not even sign your name.

Lewis

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was mainly reffering to the recent "u.s.a. is better than u.k."thread and the guy who asked "how many jews play CM"among others.As for signing my name,im not really sure how to append my signature to a message board,but hopefully this will do,Bob Mac.