Yet another campaign question/suggestion

tss

There has been quite a lot of discussion about campaigns but I don't remember anyone bringing up this particular point.

Is it possible to have more than one map in a campaign? This would be an useful feature if someone wanted to follow the war path of a particular unit during a moving campaign, where an unit might first fight one day at place A, advance for day or two without opposition, and then fight again at place B.

One concrete example springs to my mind: During fighting of the Korsun pocket (or, as Germans incorrectly called it, Cherkassy pocket) the Wallonian brigade was used to defend the South East direction of the pocket and before the breakout attempt they first had to march some 10 km to the Western part of the pocket.

- Tommi

Guest L Tankersley

I don't recall seeing this explicitly addressed, but the implicit answer is "no." It's been said several times that campaigns are fought on a single large map.

To do what you suggest and preserve force continuity, you would have to use the scenario editor to modify the starting force pool for the second scenario/map to reflect survivors of the first scenario/map. Or else play on a really big map - people have mentioned limits on map size, but I don't remember if those are hard (engine) limits or practical limits due to hardware/processing requirements.

Leland J. Tankersley