Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Power to the People

Are their plans to show all the people on the battlefield in the next version? If not, how about the Eastern Front version? I have thought that it could be doable as a playback option with realistic scaling.

We should have a "Pixel Pulitzer" contest. Movies and screenshots could be made and sent in by gamers. There could be different categories: Historical

Photo Recreation, Artistic, Realistic, and Formation. The Formation category could be done with some creative (althought unrealistic) editor work. Seperate the forces with an unfordable river bounded by hills and swamps, and deploy the troops in formation style. A "parade" could be arranged for movies. Fan fiction could also be done. This way, we could take over the entertainment part of this site, giving the CM people more time to work on the game. One word: STALINGRAD.

Alright, another word: KURSK.

------------------

Climb to Glory!

Yet another word: midnight. Photographs and movies of night battles would be spectacular. Tracers, flames, explosions. The Pixel Pulitzer should (if adopted) look like the website logo, except with a trophy drawn on the flag.

I am designing a strategic context for my brother-in-law and myself to play. That way, the collected battles will amount to something larger. I advise it, it's fun to create. Maps, large units, unit histories, ect. The units can probably be saved in the editor. This would give them personality. The First Infantry Division fights through Europe. The turnover rate is way to high and the scale way to big to account for every man, but the STORY would be great.

------------------

Climb to Glory!