Personalities and pictures

I noted in this and some of the other games that each individual character is given a name and a photograph. I think that's a fantastic feature to include. You rarely see such depth in other games.

Question: Are these actual people and their photographs, or are they just made up with mock images?

Guest Big Time Software

Everything in Combat Mission is centered on the unit. Since you can command up to 1500 different men or so each battle you fight, detailed individuals are just not possible (and who would care even if they were wink.gif). So CM has no individual personalities or pictures. What you are seeing in the shots is a single picture that represents a particular unit type. In other words, a SS Panzergrenaider unit will have a different picture than a Volkssturm unit, but each unit of each type will have the same pic. We will also most likely not have a unique picture for every type of unit in the game (i.e. a flak unit will most likely have the same image as an AT gun). We'll just have to see how much time we have to do up faces wink.gif

The pics are from various national archives, then are hand colored as we have not found more than a few color pics from WWII that are usable.

Steve