Off topic question about labour day in the States?

Just curious as to what labour day means in the States since I have no idea what the hell it means in Canada. As a matter of fact, I was down in the States for the labour day weekend availing myself of comparatively cheap tequila.

Reason I ask is that; a) no Canadian I ran into had any idea what labour day meant for Canadians and B) no American I asked had any idea what it means to Americans.

I had thought that the baseball team from my city was in a playoff game against Fargo-Moorehead, but I was wrong.

I did run into a store clerk from a Best Buy who is eagerly waiting for CM though.

Tom

Guest Big Time Software

What it means, officiall? Uhmmmmm... the celebration of the American worker I am fairly sure. What does it me in reality? Last official weekend where you can load up your truck, hitch up your bass boat, toss in about 6 cases of Bud, stop at some gas station to get another couple plus some jerky, then head out for one last weekend of nature smile.gif Oh yeah, and many think that this is the best time to drink and drive. I mean, whith all those cars around you can't go more than about 5mph on the interstate, so this is much safer once you have finished off all that beer.

Uhm, I am only kidding to the most MINOR degree here smile.gif

Steve