AFVs and Panic...

I have seen AFV crews 'shaken' when a direct hit killed a crewman. But, can they 'panic'? In CloseCombat (don't ken if this is realistic) I saw a Jadgpanther crew routing. The tank's main gun was damaged, they were almost surely low on MG ammo, and they were surrounded. So they just bailed out and started to run. The tank counted as 'captured' when I read the debriefing.

The Germans actually captured many tanks during the war. And I have saw a captured French tank for the Germans in your vehicle list. Can you actually do that in battle? In campaign mode, it would be cool to ride a captured Jadgpanther from the last battle. Well, the allies didn't have many reasons to capture tanks, but the Germans did.

German Stuarts?

:¬)

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Guest Big Time Software

They can't in the Demo, but they sure as Hell can in the latest Beta smile.gif I whacked a Sherman and immobilized it in Riesberg. One crew member was killed. The tank sat there, doing nothing, for quite some time "stunned". I can't remember, but it was long enough that the 88 cracked off a second shot. Fortunately, it missed, the crew shook it off, and got the hell out of there.

No, you can not put captured equipment to use in CM. The Germans did capture, and use, some US/British stuff in the front lines, but it was fairly rare. The vehicles were also brought back to the rear to be refitted and painted. Not something that can happen even in a CM Campaign.

Steve

Guest Scott Clinton

Can the crew of a UN-damaged AFV panic? If so do they bail or start driving for the map edge?

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest Big Time Software

Undamaged vehicles will not be abandoned. But yes, I saw a M8 go NUTS last night when it ran into a 75mm AT Pillbox at about 200m range. He wigged out and went a whole lot further into cover than was necessary to get out of LOS. "Better safe than sorry" was that guy's motto wink.gif

Steve