Disabling enemy equipment

Playing Reisburg for 1st time. Had 2 US squads successfully assualt one of the 88's. (The highlight of my short and not too successful CM career.) Ufortunately, the german crew scampered into the woods (too much assaulting, not enough shooting) Now I had two healthy squads standing around and staring at the 88.

This led me to 2 questions 1) can crews go back to a weapon they had previously abandoned? and 2) can a squad disable a piece of enemy equipment they have control over?

I left the 88 alone and entered the town w/ those squads and will be upset if the 88 opens up on them.

Guest Big Time Software

Good questions.

We do not allow crews to reman abandoned guns or vehicles (the latter are always damaged). Sure, it happened from time to time, but remaning weapons has been a problem for other games in terms of gamey cheats. And as you pointed out so well, we would have to allow for "spiking", both by friendly and enemy forces.

Steve

Guest Captain Foobar

Now, when an 88 is taking fire, and the gunner is "pinned" or "taking cover", he hits the dirt, and is graphically represented as being out of his seat.... But I assume the BTS comments mean that a crew that is routed or panicked and moves *away* from the equipment cannot come back and man it. Am I getting it right?