About the status screen

Guest John Maragoudakis

The reason for the existance of these two 'camps' (re-pro/con-OOBs) is because CM is a game where you are wearing multiple hats.

If you think you are playing from the battalion commander's perspective, you would be in less of a hurry and would have a better undertanding of the whole situation. So playing with more time per turn would give you the time to receive info from your platoon HQs.

If you feel that you are playing a squad leader, the confusion of the battlefield would be more important to simulate and time would be limited. So playing with less time per turn would better simulate you getting only a fraction of the big picture.

So it's up to the player to decide what perspective he wants to simulate by adjusting the time per turn.

Perhaps the worst thing about adding OOBs would be that you take away the ability to have this duality, (*unless* it was an option).

That's just my 2 hellcats.

John

[This message has been edited by John Maragoudakis (edited 11-03-99).]

Mike E,

Wonderfully put. That's what I was trying to get at with my "crutch analogy"...

Mike D,

Your last sentence says it all.. It MIGHT well ruin the game instead of improving it. Trust BTS to implement it in the best way possible for the game. They've done a good job so far wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers