Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some more new screenshots

Guest Big Time Software

Hey guys:

Having pretty firmly established myself as a functionality over aesthetics kind of guy, I have to admit that this latest set of shots blew me away. The winter landscapes really "ice" the cake. The depth of the scenes is definitely coming to life. I thought some earlier shots looked a bit flat by comparison. Maybe it is just the sharper contrast and shadowing provided by the snowfield.

I am very much looking forward to the night and weather shots. Keep up the good work.

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.

Guest John Pender

Wow, the new pics are great. You guys picked

two of my fovorite AFV's the 251/1 and the StuG. The cammo is beautiful as well as the overall ambiance of the picture. The pics remind me of something from the squadron/signal publications.

One quick question, are there any animations for the loading/unloading of grenadiers from their 251/1's ? Will they spill over the top or just apear along side? I understand the three figure limit for squads but it sure would look great to see ten men per squad.

Guest Big Time Software

Unfortunately, we don't have animations for things like unloading/loading. Wish we did, but it is far too involved, especially for a first release. To do the animations we would not only have to make a special animation (itself a time consuming thing!) but also have to special code vehicles so they doors open/close. So right now the passengers just drop themselves off or pack themselves in. Even though we don't have this it is pretty cool to see a column of HTs and tanks with guys piled in/on them. Certainly soemthing you don't see in most (uhm, any?) wargames.

Steve