Hello folks, planning a trip !

Hello everybody, nice to be back again after a little (unplanned) absence !

Just wondered whether any of you had done a tour of N. France coastal battlefields/sites of interest away from Normandy.

We are planning a trip leaving next tuesday (I only just made it !), going north from here along the coast upto Dieppe, Boulougne, Calais, Dunkirk, then up into Holland to the Schelt estuary area.

If we have time we might get to Arnhem. I'd love to go there.

We've got a long list of places to call in at !Including -

39-45 Museum at Ambleteuse

Todt Battery at Cap Griz Nez

Railway gun exhibit ? at Fortress De Mimoyecques

V2 site near St. Omer

Dunkirk Museum

Phew !! I feel tired already. Just wondered if any of you fellas had been to any of these and what you thought? Have we missed any in these general areas ?

I would like to say thanks to the kind gentleman who sent me that excellent Hill 112 scenario too, when I get back I'll be giving it a proper go.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i went 2 the batllefields of normandy

the best places 2 go is 2 the graveyard above Omaha beach, brings tears 2 urs eyes even if ur nt a yank like me! also we visited carentan, all the d-day beaches adn this 3-d cineama wher there is a film of the landidngs. u can also see the same church from teh film the longest day in beyeaux. but another good place is 2 visit is the ww1 graves in flanders( i no is in belgium) but well worth a visit

hope that helps