Turn 13 Question

In turn 13 a Panther fires a HE round into a building and a huge fire breaks out. Was this huge fire a result of a so called "critical hit"? Is this realistic? I can see a fire starting and spreading into a bigger fire as a result of a HE hitting; but a huge fire killing a building and a tank in a flash. Please explain..

Thanks..

Joe Sefchick

Guest Big Time Software

Generally these types of questions should be done in the "Steve" thread because it is hard to know what Fionn or Martin really knows, or what each other knows. In this case, there are no surprises.

It is not realistic for an entire 20mx20m area to go up in flame instantly. That is something that should be fixed. Well, at least it is on The List I think wink.gif But once such an area caught fire, that tank was as good as dead. A tank anywhere near smoke would get it sucked inside through the vents, then the crew would either have to bail or hope they caught some fresh air. In Martin's case, his tank was immobilized, so bailing was the only option.

Steve

Well,

I think that given that up to 20 HE shells hit that building we can assume that small fires were already kindling and that the major explosion after on shell was an accumulation of the effects of the other 20 or so shells ...

Anyways, I was greatly relieved when it happened. I NEEDED that building cleared quickly.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Damn straight !

I have a simple rule.. If it helps me and my men in a game then its a FEATURE and NOT a bug ! wink.gif

I just sent Turn 16 in.. It'll be up tonight.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers