End Game Screen

This game is, hands down, the best I've ever played! I read the thread about tournaments and I can't wait! One thing that would be helpful ist to build into the game the ability to save the endgame screen and map. That way, when the game ends, both sides and the moderator could see the final, official results. What do you think? Thanks again for a superb game. I plan to buy several copies and pass them to my friends!

I've given this some thought.

All that would be needed is that one player pass to the moderator the endgame turn along with their password. The moderator would do a count of units and locations and then pass this on to the people who make the maps.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn, being the lazy cuss I am, I had hoped it could be mechanized as part of the game engine. I suppose the alternative is a screen capture, for transmission to the tourney moderator. However, as you well know, these captures tend to be large files. We'll find a way to deal with it!

A screencap wouldn't convey all the troop info.

Nope, ALL you need is to send the game moderator the 20 or 30 Kb file generated at the end of a game (when one side surrenders or whatever) and the password and the moderator can take down your OObs at the end-game, the locations of friendly and enemy troops etc etc.

A not altogether correct way to do this would be to make a load of square maps (2 km by 2km), use these square maps to make up a larger area ( say a 20km by 10km breakthrough zone consisting of 50 maps) and have supreme commanders on either side order which battalions attack which maps etc wink.gif

You can even allow for concentration of force quite easily using this system which is, superficially, pretty similar to the way things were done in CC2 and now CC4.

Supplies etc can all be factored in also..

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers