Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Feeling Sorry

Wow, I've been playing CM since the release of the demo. The more I play this game the more I'm impressed. Initially, I was put off by the FOW, but now I don't think I'd have it any other way. I was playing Last Defense last night as the Germans, and I was having my men run to one of the houses on the farside of the wheat field. They managed to get there, then I noticed a ton of US squads making there way to the house they were in and I noticed that the my squad was getting hit one by one. I actually felt sorry for those guys stuck in the house. This is the first time that i actually have felt sorry for putting my men in that situation. Sorry, had to get it off my chest :). Great Work BTS!

LOL--That's another thing I found really appealing about this game, too, was that I actually felt sorry for an enemy squad getting pounded by tanks and artillery. Watching the poor little suckers wince and recoil with each blast is a lot more personal than watching some unfeeling, distant square counter just sit there and eventually disappear. The personification of these little guys really works for me!

Dar

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks Wesy! We were VERY surprised that people were initially put off by the FoW, especially since most looked to be "grognards". Since Grogs supposedly always want more and more realism, the reaction by some REALLY confused us. Kinda like "uh, but haven't you been asking for this sort of stuff for years?" smile.gif Happy to note that the initial shock seems to have worn off and now people are enjoying the added challenge and realism that comes from increased FoW.

Steve

IMO CM is SO different in many, many ways that it just got a lot of people confused.

You remember how new wargamers look, feel and complain when they first play with FOW ? wink.gif Talk abuot bewilderment.. I think the same happened with a lot of people here. But, as I said, give it time and everyone will "get it" wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I never considered myself to be that much of a Grog, but the FOW thing is the best part of this game. Last night I played Riesberg against the AI, I was the Germans. Everytime I tried to flank the Americans my flanking platoon would run into what must've been two platoons and quite a few heavy weapons. Something like this couldn't happen without FOW.

BTW, the Shermans also won the duel with the 88s. I thought I was going to have to take back my claim of always winning this scenario, that I made earlier in another thread. However, I held on to the victory, but by the narrowest margin I've ever seen CM be decided by - 9 points.