Some nagging about the demo

If i'm not mistaken the demo should have gone public on the 1st of october. It didn't because the beta-testers didn't receive it on time. I understand that these people, sticking from day 1 with CM, have the 1st go...but when will it be released to the public (especially since, when all goes well, i should have the game in 7 weeks, right?)

Also, does the release date "somewhere in november", still stands? I read posts about troubles with voodoo-cards, and since most people have a voodoo (not me smile.gif) this is a major problem right?

So do ya guys think that solving this prob, beta-testing, going gold, and baking the cd's (even shipping them) can be done in the 7 weeks we have until december starts?

Don't mean to make you guys feel sad, I even rather wait another 4 months knowing the game will be good. I'm just interested how you people feel about the release-date and demo yerself.

Happy programming smile.gif

PanzerShark

Guest L Tankersley

I think you've got your dates mixed-up. The last (UNOFFICIAL) word was that they hoped to have a beta demo out around 15 Octoberish. The formal demo wasn't to be released until probably Thanksgiving or thereabouts IIRC.

Everything I've heard here seems to point to a "late fall" release. Fall only began about 2 weeks ago - remember, the last day of fall is 21 December. If the programming gods are smiling, then perhaps we'll get CM a bit before then. Chin up! wink.gif

Leland J. Tankersley

Really? 15 October? That's not good...i mean, i'm positive there was something on the 1st of October. A birthday? Funeral? Anyway...i missed it. Hope it wasn't somthing important then (not as important as a CM-demo, that's for sure smile.gif )

Hope that they release the game earlier then 21 December though. Let's pretend newyear's eve is the end of the world as we know it?

What if we have a total armageddon? Or worse...pinguins invading The Netherlands with Russian weapons, killing everyone who ownes a TNT 32mb card? THAT WOULD SUCK smile.gif

Wouldn't give me enough time to finish all the scenarios.

On the other hand, if they do release it on the 21st of December, i know what i'm going to find under the christmas-tree smile.gif

PanzerShark

Guest Big Time Software

Right now we are suffering from a 3 day setback to make CM work with Voodoo 1&2 cards. Seems even thick heads over at 3Dfx realized that the way they were doing things sucked, so Voodoo 3 is not a problem wink.gif

The game itself is ready to go, but until we get all the technical crap taken care of, we aren't putting anything up. The WORST thing we can do is post something that we already know is "defective".

Steve

Please guys !!! Do it ok with the 3Dfx2 !!!!!

You can get through !!! I know it !!...

'caus I have a Matrox Mystic 4Mo linked to a Creative Labs Voodoo II.....and a P200 MMX... its' ok for CM isn't it ??

All the best !