Reference to Manual

Steve, In the ASL Marshall thread you made reference to all the work you would be putting into the manual. I for one really enjoy a well done manual. What can we expect on the one that will come with this unbelievably fabulous game. (sounds like one could actually play the game without a manual, but just asking anyway.)

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe, I should have put a smiley after that manual gripe. I actually like making manuals, and am alredy starting on CM's. There are some older threads on the manauls (use the Search function if youlike), but basically it will be as good a read as it is informative. I *hate* dry manuals. Short, to the point is good, but no need to be dull smile.gif There will be a full TOC and Index as well.

Steve

P.S. Yes, you *can* largely play the game without a manual. But a good game should always have a good, printed manual.

The best manual I have seen in wargaming /tank smulation gaming industry was from

Microprose Across the Rhine tank/strategy simulation. The game wasn't that great, but

the manuals were really top class. I still keep them today. First manual was gameplay manual, the second one was historical manual with a lot of info on battles that were fought on Western Front from 1944 to 1945,

this include battle reports, OOBs. There was also a section about Allied and German armor, really good readings. I would like to see a good manual too smile.gif

Peter