Something bothering me...

I've noticed that when you finally identify an enemy unit, you gain way too much intel IMO. I don't think that when you ID an infantry squad, for example, you should know that it is Veteran, Regular, etc...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Steel Lightning Productions

Guest Scott Clinton

Perhaps you are right but I just figured this was discovered by the extended observation of that enemy unit under fire and how they reacted...I also am not sure if all that data is really correct. If it says its a Vet. squad is it really or did my Green squad just miss identify it?

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest Big Time Software

This is indeed why you get the exp listed at the highest level of intelligence. We decided that there is some info that your guys could at least guess at. Actually, you can guess this info without the game displaying it, so there is little reason to withold it from you after a certain point. If you see a bunch of guys coming at you, and they keep running away, or not firing back, this is something that you can see during playback in any case.

The same logic applies to absolute vehicle and unit type identification. When trading shots with a squad at 50m you aren't suddenly going to have your guys say "hey, we are being shot at by a Schützen Rifle Squad (45 Pattern)", but your guys would know roughly (or exactly) what mix of weapons were shooting back at them. From a game standpoint, the best thing to do when things get really up close and personal is to simply present certain exact aspects of the enemy. Obviously we leave out more than we show (morale, current state, leader bonuses, ammo, C&C, etc.)

Steve

Guest Scott Clinton

Steve:

Just to clarify: Does this mean that an enemy units experience level can or can not be 'misidentified'?

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest Big Time Software

The Experience rating is always correct when displayed. You only get this info at the highest level of Intel, so your guys have already figured it out and there is no guessing any more.

Steve