Questions

I've read through the discussion on framerate and had just a few questions...

I have a high-end system (P-III 550Mhz w/19" monitor) and was just wondering if I will get the Steel Panthers syndrome where everything moves so fast that it is unplayable. I guess my question is, is the game compiled into native win32 code or is it converted from something else to run under windows? Also will I get more viewing area with the large monitor or will the graphics just stretch to fit the screen?

I've been reading through Fionn's play-by-play on TGN and the game looks pretty good so far...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Jon,

We have been REALLY surprised by the number of people that have asked this question. Seems all who ask have Steel Panthers in mind wink.gif As with any game that uses realtime elements, Combat Mission's Resolution Phase is set to go by a realworld "clock". While the frame updates will go as fast as possible, the action will go at the same speed on a P166 as a P550. The difference will be in the smoothness of the playback and the time needed to "crunch" turns. The P550 should tear through them quite nicely wink.gif

Steve