Sound Conflicts?

Guest KwazyDog

Ralph, it probably wouldnt hurt to put a little futher info such as sound card type, driver version and what version of windows and direct X you are using smile.gif It should help the guys to get to the bottom of your problem.

Guest Mikeman

Anybody getting background static in the sound? It's not MG fire and it's not burning vehicle fires crackling, but it sounds similar to the fires. The static is worse when there is loud things happening, but it's almost always present, even when things are quiet. I keep my volume down low too so as not to disturb the wife so I can't be pushing the speakers too hard. I have a SoundBlaster 16 ISA card. Other than this everything is great hardware wise. The sounds sure bring home the chaos and confusion of battle don't they? With the volume up a bit it almost makes you want to run for cover!

Mikeman out.

Got so excited I forgot the technical details. DirectX 6.1, latest drivers from Creative, Win98 first edition

[This message has been edited by Mikeman (edited 10-29-99).]

Guest Bryan Corkill

Yeah, the sound sucks... It's so immersive that I can't bring myself to turn it off and listen to my Blazers play the Kings. (OT, I'll bet beer over the Western Conference Championship, and entertain any challenge to Portland.) ;)

Bryan