Mounting abandoned enemy vehicles

Guest Big Time Software

It just wasn't done smile.gif Troops *were* likely to swipe things like Jeeps, trucks, etc., but VERY rarely AFVs. If they did it was after the battle, not during. Generally they drove them until they broke down (which isn't long smile.gif), became stuck, or were out of gas.

To give you some idea about how RARE it would be to see one side in a vehicle of the other, officially the Germans only had about 50 Soviet AFVs in service at any one time, with nearly 2/3rds non-operational. This is on a 1000m front with many thousands of tanks on each side. All of these tanks were brought back behind the lines, painted, equipped with German radios, etc. Again, not a frontline spur of the moment thing.

Steve

How about re-crewing your own abandoned equipment?

I just finished Reisburg as the German - 1 88 was knocked out but only 1 crew casualty, the other was abandoned - the crew all killed - I had enough time to march the crew over to hte other gun, but it just sat there doing nothing.

And all that time the last Sherman moved over to the corner of the board whree the abandoned 88 was, then turned around and moved back towards the town - it had taken 2 'schreck hits - 1 crew kia and gun damaged from a hull and turret hit - so I guess the driver fell on the accelerator??!! :)

Mike