When a good DEMO will be out?

Guest Captain Foobar

I can see how you might get frustrated with something like that. The problem with "text" communication is that many of the subtle tones of a post are lost. Someone might act sarcastic to you, not meaning anything by it, but it comes across as serious. But what is done is done, there is not much anyone can do to change misunderstandings that have already happened. All we can do is try to stay on topic, not getting too personal about things here, and we will just have fun with this board as it was intended.

Also, I've found that if I took the time to respond to every post I disagree with, I would be posting nonstop. We have to agree to disagree around here. I hope this can help. I just want to have fun with this thing.

Hey, can we drop this thread and get back to something a little more productive?

How about we start by realizing that it's hard to communicate exact emotions (like sarcasm and humor) and intents through the written word (since we're not all Shakespeares), much less if English is not your primary language, grant each other a little slack, let a little air out of our egos, and move on!?

Dar

Angels_Star,

Listen, english isn't your first language obviously so I'm going to say this once more since you may simply not have understood me the first time around.

1. Stephanie "I think HE likes you PL" is NOT a sexist comment. Hell I thought you were a GUY when I wrote it. Anyways, if you're SO sensitive to any comment that a little joke gets under your skin then so be it. I'm married and I don't bother making sexist comments on usenet or anywhere else and have defended women against them on groups I've been in when they happened. If you are too caught up in your "righteous anger" to take a step back though then there's nothing that can be done.

So, how about you just read the following paragraph and take it at face value ok?

What I wrote was NOT meant in a sexist way. I think you've misinterpreted what I said due to your natural defensiveness based on the fact that many men act like pigs on forums when women are around. I've seen it happen to my wife when she is playing online games and I wouldn't treat any woman in the way I see some males treat women online.

So, can you accept that what I wrote was a simple joke aimed at PL (when I thought you were a GUY (hence it couldn't have been sexist towards you Stephanie wink.gif ) ) and that I certainly meant no offence.

In conclusion, I have no problem with you and haven't said what you think I have. If you wish to continue believing I have then there's very little I can do about it anymore.

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

[This message has been edited by Fionn (edited 11-29-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Ok, these things always seem to happen when we aren't checking the BBS every hour wink.gif

Please, everybody must remember that English is not the first language of everybody here. In addition, not everyone of these people have a fluent understanding of English. Those of you who fall into this category are more than welcome to post, but please keep in mind that fact that you might be misreading the thoughts behind the words. Unless there is clear harm intended, assume the person means no harm.

The question Angles_star asked was perfectly fine. The existing Beta Demo, while in our opinion being generally better than most other releases, has a fair number of bugs. The second Demo we release will be based on Gold code (i.e. the same code used for the final game). It will be released only AFTER we start having CDs replicated.

Thanks,

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 11-29-99).]