Strategic AI

The problem with AI is that humans are unpredictable. How is BTS going to tackle the AI question? Even with fuzzy logic, having only one AI model is still somewhat limiting. I was thinking to myself in bed last night, that maybe you guys can model 5 odd virtual commanders that have different weightings for different strategies. This makes sense, since it would be like fighting against different commanders. As opposed to just having one AI "style".

CCJ

Guest Big Time Software

We have something like this already. With Fuzzy Logic things like this become fairly easy to do. Change a weigthed variable here and there and you get very different behavior. For example, one set might might the computer ULTRA aggressive, while another might make it advance with too much caution.

Steve

BTS>We have something like this already. With Fuzzy Logic things like this become fairly easy to do. Change a weigthed variable here and there and you get very different behavior. For example, one set might might the computer ULTRA aggressive, while another might make it advance with too much caution.

Cool - will we be able to change these things in the senario maker? Or even have a random/variation generator so that everytime you play your home made senarios against the computer,it plays differently

CCJ

Guest Big Time Software

No, the AI will decide what flavor it will be. The player can choose a skill level for the AI, which basically makes the AI's decision making process a little bit dumber with each level lower. Trust me, some people are going to need all the help they can get wink.gif

Steve

Well I hope I'm not one of them smile.gif I play pretty intuitively, I go with the flow and tend not to measure LOS, range etc. Which can be my downfall sometimes....but I've won my fair share games. I just stick with the principles of war cover, suppression and firepower smile.gif

CCJ