Question on sign flavor objects

I want to make available more sign flavor objects in Normandy. Currently I have the demo-my full game is on a broken computer (along with my graphic software). The demo shows 2 flavor object milestones. My experments with Fortress Italy is that you can have up to 9. I don't know what is in the full game but suspect it may have more. Not promising that it can be done with Shock Force -but Normandy and Italy you can transfer certain flavor objects.

Is it permissible to put these CM Shock Force signs in CM:BN? Want to know before I fire up the hex editor -UGH!

sign31.jpg

sign32.jpg

I know you can get one flavor object in one game to another: Note Villers Bocage sign in Fortress Italy.

CMFortressItaly2012-10-2011-36-39-00.jpg

The object of this exercise is to provide more flavor signs the CM community an exercise their creativity on.

Get the picture. :D

What I prefer MUCH PREFER TO DO is hex edit the signs and send it to someone more talented then me to do the graphic so they can release it-what I did was a rough job just to see if I could add an extra flavor object.

With the Combat Mission: Shock Force signs from Syria you have a bigger canvas for signs.

signI.jpg

CMFortressItaly2012-10-1920-46-49-95.jpg

rttghhjjk.jpg

Good News-Bad News.

First the bad news- Shock Force mdr flavor files are totally different then later Shock Force Mdr flavor files plus they have the graphic embedded in that file. Transferring won't work.

Now the Good News.

I can import the flavor road sign from FORTRESS ITALY into BATTLE for NORMANDY. The screencapture is from the scenario editor in the NORMANDY DEMO. Like I said earlier my full game is in the broken computer-but I have no doubt it will work in the full game. I redid the graphics so you have blank wood to paint on. See GOOGLE drop box below for mod. File will include mdr, blank wood bmp and the FORTRESS ITALY sign bmp as reference since letters on sign graphic go backwards. Plus I created an additional .mdr (milestone3 mdr) file so we may be able to increase amount of signs this mdr 3 uses to as many as the two stock mdr's. So in the future you may get a a bit of canvas to paint all those Wehrmacht tactical signs. Right now I just supplied one .bmp for graphics. I got too much on my plate right now with another addon and real world stuff. NOTE: the modified mdr file is from FI not CM:BN. You can get this flavor object from the free FI demo-so I don't think anything is compromised here.

Consider this a BETA for testing.

GOOGLE drop box

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WdULP5kioDczhrMTBIamN0T0E/edit

Put it-mile-sign1.bmp & milestone3.mdr in your Z file.

The it-mile-sign6.bmp is strictly for reference with the backward graphics.

blanksign.jpg

I guess I was wrong. You can put Shock Force flavors in CM Normandy and Fortress Italy. Unweathered generic FI street sign with tactical emblems {BETA} on the left. I already cooked one up with some German unit emblem in France.

Gotta work on the graphics for the 2 signs from ShockForce-it reads the bmp differently. 2 files reading off one bmp with 5 to 6 different locations drawn on it. See how it repeats one Syrian location on the both signs. I think I can fix it so it doesn't repeat the same name on the sign twice. Damn dice roll. We shall see.

Oh yeah the Shock Force signs can be moved, saved and deleted like NORMANDY and ITALY signs.

signs.jpg

Little Organization TODT sign action here. Obviously Normandycentric. Lager aufbau (Warehouse). Got a real ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG! ALLES IST VERBOTTEN! feel to it.

Textured the sign and support as wood. Just nailing down some technical details. Don't know if I can release this one since I snagged the capture off eBay and oooh it's got a politically incorrect symbol to being clasped by the a chicken-so you probably can't download it in Europe oooohhhh. ;). Still and all I think I can get a total of 3 signs minimum now-2 different on one mount and 1 different one by itself.

Good night. :)

CMFortressItaly2012-10-2523-29-02-47.jpg