Command Lines and Color Blindness

Somewhere (I can't find the thread) was a discussion about black vs. red lines used to indicate in and out of command status. I had never even noticed the different lines until Fionn asked someone if they were color blind. I am a bit red-green color blind and therefore have to look very very carefully to discern the 'red' from the black lines. Since it is obviously of critical importance to easily determine the C&C status of a given unit, would it be possible to change this dark 'red' color to a bright color readily distinguishable from the out-of-coomand color. It would be enough to have one color be bright (in C&C) and the other dark (not in C&C).

TIA

Guest L Tankersley

Richard, in addition to the color of the line from HQ to unit, command status is also indicated by the little radio icon in the unit status area. If the radio has a red bar through it, the unit is out of C&C. If the colors don't get changed, you could use this as a workaround.

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest Big Time Software

Richard, although we have made color an important part of info gathering, we have tried to make other ways as well. As Leland stated, there is an icon in the unit's info area that shows if the unit is in or out of command. Since this is a binary thing (i.e. yes it is, no it isn't) the info is the same as what the lines yield. Dotted lines, unfortunately, will generally only work once. Since they really don't solve the problem, and look very ugly in our opinion smile.gif, we aren't going to use them.

If you should find some other area that seems to be a color "blindspot" for you, please email me and we will see what we can do about it if there isn't a work around already in the game.

Thanks!

Steve

steve@battlefront.com

I'm partially color-blind as well. I found the command lines difficult to differentiate as well, but with a little practice I can spot them now. As far as other problems, the woods to open difference seemed awfully small. However this has been changed, so it is no longer an issue. I'll let you know when the final's out if there are any other problems, but as it is the demo's fine.

Justin

I just got this e-mail from Steve:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Well, to further this opinion, I *just* got a message from Charles saying

that he tweaked the color a bit, so *hopefully* this will make a

noticable difference for you :)

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find me another software company that is so responsive to its customers!