battle hardened units?

Guest Big Time Software

No to "core units" and yes to campaigns. CM's campaigns take you through a single 1-3 day battle. There is no war wide campaign. The simple reason is that it is totally unrealisitc for this to happen at CM's scale, and therefore it is impossible to simulate.

Trust us, a single day battle will be MUCH cooler and will take just as much time to play (4-5 scrapes during a day long battle will most likely take a couple of weeks to play).

Steve

***No to "core units" and yes to campaigns. CM's campaigns take you through a single 1-3 day battle. There is no war wide campaign. The simple reason is that it is totally unrealisitc for this to happen at CM's scale, and therefore it is impossible to simulate***

I am not sure if I understand the campaign correctly. Will a previous battle affect the following battle - i.e. - will a unit become more experienced or smaller in numbers depending on it's previous performance? Or each battle be completly independant of the others with a set number of troops at the start of the battle with a set experience level?

Guest Big Time Software

Campaign battles will be related more than most other games. You might play on the same exact map two battles in a row, or maybe 30% new and 70% old, 100% new, etc. The units you have left over from the previous battle are available to you in the next one, complete with losses. Reinforcements and/or replacements and/or ammo will come to you based on the campaign design and to some degree luck.

No unit will gain experience from battle to battle. One or two 10-30 min firefights are not enough to make a unit go up in experience. They would need to fight for weeks of sustained combat to go up even a single notch. Remember, Elite troops have been fighting for YEARS in some cases, so it doesn't make sense for some Green unit to obtain Elite status after a couple of minor scrapes.

Steve