-

-

-

-

-

--

-

-

I played a friend in the scenario that takes place in Budapesht (sp?). I played the Germans, and he played the Russians.

I got kicked in the reinforcement turn. I couldn't keep him away from rushing the bridge and being setup to fire on the bridge on the first turn where I had re-inforcements. I went back to the scenario a couple of times, and still can figure out how to do it. It was the shortest battle I ever played. Anyone else experence this? It is more a question of humor than of real need, as I am sure he an I will not be playing it again.

SgtAbell

Hmmm. That is very agressive play by the soviet player, as he has no idea what forces he is facing and where. Hard to believe he would go charging through the town at high speed with no regard for the safety of his tanks or any possible enemy locations, particularly when the Hungarian HMG's can begin opening fire on the tank riding infantry almost immediately.

I think this has happened a couple of times, but the vast majority of players are a bit more cautious and it allows the German reinforcements to arrive 'just in time', which is how it is designed. Sorry if you got caught short on it.

:(

jw

hi jwxspoon

maybe you remember my suggestion that i had email to you ?

one thing to clear; i´m interessted in playing scenarios that both side know very good. this makes a big difference to the way how a scenario is designed .

but imo a scenario designed with this in mind could be very challenging (sp?). every time you could change your setup places and your tactics to try new ones.

if ya remember i like danube very much ;) so i think with a little tweaking for my intenions this will be a very good one for playing it again and again.

just my 2 (euro) cents.

Hi Horus,

I designed Danube Blues specifically with the sequence of events as it stands. Your suggestion of a larger bridge did make sense, but I think the lack of a larger bridge has only affected a very small number of people. We extensively tested this scenario prior to going final with the CD and did not run into any problems during testing.

Judging from the scenario depot (this is the highest rated CMBB PBEM scenario at the depot) the problems are few and far between. As I cannot change the makeup of the scenario on the cd anyway, it seems to me to be a moot point.

However, for your own personal use you should feel free to add a bridge and replay it if you wish. smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback and the earlier email.

Regards,

jw

However, for your own personal use you should feel free to add a bridge and replay it if you wish.
thx´s ;)

right now i have no knowledge of the editor and in my freetime i play as much as i can :D

but i think it´s a good start to practice with the editor. so as time come´s by...

btw. all my pbem games runing are double blind and every day i understand better why so much love that.

MORE SPOILERS

|

}

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

I also think that if the Soviet player moves fast and aggressively the Hungarians and Germans have little chance. I won it blind PBEM on this basis.

I don't think my tactics were gamey: I knew from the briefings that the city had been caught by surprise and that my best chance was to exploit this before reinforcements could arrive from across the river. If, historically, the Soviet commander didn't know this, it shouldn't be in the briefing. Also, I normally move fast in a meeting engagement, which is how this was described, and hey, lots of real-life strategists have said aggressiveness and speed are the key to victory.

I didn't get a chance to ambush the reinforcements on the bridge, but just the fact that I was in the thick of the town gave my fast-turreted T-34/85s a great advantage over the Tigers and StuGs. I lost a couple tanks to fausts on the way in, sure, but it saved many casualties overall.