Reading

Those looking for some good summer fiction might take a look at the Raven One trilogy by Kevin Miller. These kept me on the edge of my seat and turning the page. I don't usually respond to books that way and the ones that are claimed to do so generally end up in my recycling bin after a dozen or so pages. But Miller is the real McCoy, he lived the life and is surprisingly gifted as a writer. He had a career as a US Navy fighter pilot ending in command of a squadron, and the characters he puts on the page are very life-like as are the situations he puts them in.

In Raven One, the initial book, they are fighting the Iranians. In Declared Hostile, it's Caribbean  drug runners, and oh yes a corrupt Venezuelan government and air force. Fight Fight, the book I am reading now, involves a conventional war with China in the South China Sea, and is very intense as this one is against a peer and the good guys don't win every battle.

If any of these sound like your cup of tea, you should take a look. For those who have a Kindle Unlimited subscription, reading won't cost anything.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys