Did not really plan no joining this is school and hobbies already have me way to busy... screw it, I'll pitch in.(though when I signed up I did not put in an account name as I did not have one at that point)

No prob, the forum name is not extremely reuired, it's just to people know if they opponent have a forum account. It might be a way to get a secondary prize, that i'm planing to do, but that will come later.

Good luck BTW :P

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generals of the Great War, :cool:

The time has come, the dead line has been reached! The forces of every commander and nation prepears for the battles to come! :mad:

while your brave man gather the supply, the oponents will be choosen.

Any general to sign the form for the war on day 24/11/2011 or AFTER will be left in reserve, so if any active general flees the field of battle, it will be replaced by any one in reserve.

The day for the start of the war will be anouced soon, keep an eye in your emails, for in them you will recive information about the tournament.

Good luck, and may the Gods of War be with you all! :cool:

Generals!

News from the front!

War will start in the day 30/11/2011!

An email has been sent to confirm the participation in the tournament, if any one does not answer the email by tuesday, the player will be replaced by someone in reserve.

The wait has ended, mobilize your forces just as Dragoon99, cause war is in the horizion :cool:

Google Docs filled out three times and an now an email responce to get to the front. It is a tough audition for this gig :-(

I understand your frustration, but it has been a big way until here. First google form was made just for forum members. Later, Bill101 came to me and said:

"hey i want to make a news in the battlefront site so people from outside the forum can join and we will make a prize for the winner!"

Of course, he did not use those words hehe. So, I did a new form for the guys from outside the forum, and the confirmation email is just a thing I did just so people who signed after the dead line could join if any one just had jumped out of it. Understand this because I’m a busy guy during the week so I have to make sure everything is 100% before starting, or it's just my eccentric way :P

Anyway, I just want to say that, with Bill101 help, this tournament jumped from 15 players to 42 and we have a prize for the winner now! :cool:

Yeah, it took time and work, mainly for me :P, but now we have some benefits and a big tournament :)

Well I just got my first email, and answered to it.(saying that I confirm and just for the record I also posted my name/email/account name into it. I don't know what ells we were meant to mention in it) That is 29th here at the time being. Hope that was not to late yet.

What's the plan when we get to an odd number of players? 42 in round 1 ... 21 in round 2... 11 in round 3. I think its safe to assume someone might drop out but asking.

Side note.. does anyone know how many turns these smaller senerios run in p v p ?

The tournament will work in leagues, there are 8 leagues, 5-6 players each, everyone will play everyone in 1 mirror mimi capaing game. The player with most victories go to the play-off, playing 3 mirror mini campaing games. The sime finals will be a fate of nations game and the finals a call to arms game.

This way in teh leagues every one will get 4-5 mirror games. Also a note, with Bill's help, o got everyone another prize, the winners of the league fase will get a cool military ribbon in it's account, so to tell other that you won this fase. Also there will be prizes for the 1st 2nd and 3rd place that will be probably a medal in the players account. :cool:

Received the email.(I am Lukas Stoll btw, sorry that the files does not have my account name as I did not have an account when I signed up) I can most probable play matches on weekends and not in week(but might be able to arrange something, just contact me), school and all that.

Received the email.(I am Lukas Stoll btw, sorry that the files does not have my account name as I did not have an account when I signed up) I can most probable play matches on weekends and not in week(but might be able to arrange something, just contact me), school and all that.

Hi Lukas, we are playing in the same group and are going to play 1918 Kaiserschlacht. I was wondering if you want to do that over network instead of by mail as it would speed things up a bit. I am available for play Sunday, gmt+1.

Regards Philip

I have received the e-mail and things look really cool. I'm impressed the way you organized it guys. I'm just wondering if 30 days will be enough to complete the first phase? Christmas holidays in the old country are on the way...

I have received the e-mail and things look really cool. I'm impressed the way you organized it guys. I'm just wondering if 30 days will be enough to complete the first phase? Christmas holidays in the old country are on the way...

Agreed, thats a lot of games that need finishing.

I just think that the maximum I can play is one turn per day ( with each player from my league ), but for example Race To The Sea scenario, has more than 30 turns, so if someone won't surrender before this time, then there is no way I can finish it in one month. There are two options:

1. We extend the timeline on the first phase ( better one )

2. On 31st of Dec we send unfinished mateches to the referee so he can choose the winner.

Hiya Guys

My name is Rob Bywater and Im in the Somme League, and Im expecting my performances to be similar to the Allies first day of the Somme :(

I take it we are playing via email?

Cheers

Yes, you have to play your turn as Germans in Keiserschlacht and send it back to me saved as: Mancspartan_Ivanov_01. My turn as Germans would be Ivanov_Mancspartan_01. As the game progresses you'll just need to change the number at the end of the saved file. That's an info for those who don't know how the mirror match works.

So Mancspartan and everyone from my league - expect a turn tonigh:) Good luck!

I just think that the maximum I can play is one turn per day ( with each player from my league ), but for example Race To The Sea scenario, has more than 30 turns, so if someone won't surrender before this time, then there is no way I can finish it in one month. There are two options:

1. We extend the timeline on the first phase ( better one )

2. On 31st of Dec we send unfinished mateches to the referee so he can choose the winner.

Hey Ivanov, don't worry, it's not a fixed time lapse to play all the games, if come that more than 65% of the players, that my number, for real, haven't ended the game in 30 day, i will extand the time lapse, don't worry much about this. I will send a general warning about it.

To the guys that have done an forum account after the start of the tournament, send your name and forum account to the email sc.tgw.tournament@gmail.com so i can set you in the list of the guys that can win an cool military ribbon if you win the league fase. :cool:

Just another note, if some one can't play during the week, like Lukas, you can play an network game, these mini campaing are fast to play, i make a turn in 5-10 min so a network game can start and end a game at the same day ;)

Also another thing, surrender by any player is acceptable, so you guys are not obligated to play all the way until the end, just let me know that one's side have surrendered.

PS: All this info will also be sent via email to every one. :D