GC GOLD Pre-Order -- Download only?

I really have to add this to the Knowledgebase I guess (or it may even be already an article there, now that I think of it), because this question comes up with every pre-order sale we do, and the answer is always the same:

Pre-ordering a download (only) doesn't really make much sense. You won't be able to download it any sooner than it is released anyway. So you may just as well wait and order it once the game is out.

The main reason for pre-ordering is to offer a discount to people who do want the physical goods (the pre-order saves you $10 on the "Download&Mail" delivery option, so you can think of it as free shipping), and to help us assess how much we need to print (and to give the fulfillment house an edge on processing, too).

Pre-ordering a download doesn't really do anything for anybody :)

Martin

Now Martin I must applaud your less then condescending tone for our masses, obviously you realize the many products of our current education system have not been given the tools for critical thinking. It's really not their fault as they are left to resolve the deductive reasoning faculties on their own, some succeed, some don't!;)

What is really the question, is this by design?:confused: