Quick Logic - How Good Is It?

I am an experienced SC player and I am wondering how much the AI loses if the Quick Logic option is enabled. I currently play with Quick Logic OFF.

Does everyone use Quick Logic or do they want the AI to be the best it can be despite the added waiting time? I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts on this.

Noranddave, the primary difference is in how the AI calculates distances with the quick logic option having less accurate calculations.

Distance calculations are the most expensive, time wise, as accurate calculations require pathfinding and let's say for example the AI wishes to calculate the distance from Rome to Algiers via the land tiles.

Determining the shortest path is unfortunately more time consuming than if we were to just quickly check the distance using a regular distance formula from point A to point B.

There are times when it is better for the AI to have the most accurate distance check to ensure the best AI playback but we found that the less accurate distance checks work pretty well for many cases so it is a bit of a compromise in the end, i.e. the faster AI that covers most game situations or the optimized AI at a slower game playback speed on the AI turn.

Hope this helps,

Hubert