Sie Kommen Ii Allies Campaign

The SIE KOMMEN II ALLIES CAMPAIGN is released and you can get it only at The Few Good Men, see The FGM Downloads link on the main page.

***OVERVIEW***

A fictional account of what might have been if the Allies decided to invade at Pas D' Calais in July 1944, instead of June 6th at Normandy.

Command units of the 29th Infantry Division from their landings on July 4, 1944 til their fight for St Omer on August 4, 1944...

18 Total Scenarios as part of one Campaign with different results leading you down different paths to victory or defeat. Two main 'Core' units for the US, the 2nd Battalion of the 175th Infantry Regiment and the 29th Division Recon Troop will provide you with units to fight for different objectives. Muliple AI Plans for each and every battle provides replayablility and tactics on the fly against the stubborn German 352nd Infantry Division.

Also included a 14 page PDF Manual that provides some addtional information on the Campaign...

Enjoy

Played first Mission, what a slaughter ....

But maybe some issues

- arty comes from land, not from seaside (brought me extreme high FF casualties)

- there is no smoke available (arty)

- infantry can do some smoke but wind comes from land and blows the smoke towards the sea

- all shermans died in less than 60 seconds after arriving (had to reload 2 times to save at least 3 of them)

Played first Mission, what a slaughter ....

But maybe some issues

- arty comes from land, not from seaside (brought me extreme high FF casualties)

- there is no smoke available (arty)

- infantry can do some smoke but wind comes from land and blows the smoke towards the sea

- all shermans died in less than 60 seconds after arriving (had to reload 2 times to save at least 3 of them)

*********SPOILERS************

Arty comes from land because friendly side for Allies is South, otherwise broken troops run towards water, this way they at least try to make it to shore. Plus the Axis AI is dropping a lot (150+rds) of 81mm and 120mm on the shore line, so maybe that is what you consider FF casualties...

no smoke except with infantry if you get'em to the beach then it covers inbound units... I could have probably defined this better in the briefing. But the first rounds of Naval Arty should surpress any resistance to get 'some' of your units to shore...You get a 20% Intel which should give an idea of major Axis defensive positions.

Wind comes from south... shouldn't be an issue

Thats a shame all your Shermans died, some play testers found this battle to easy, guess you didnt have good luck with the 164 rounds of Naval Arty (5 and 6 inch) to start game...

The campaign is not designed to be easy... especially the first battle... and if you win (which is a minor deafeat or better then you go to a certain scenario, if you lose then you go to a different scenario...) If you think you should win every battle then I can create a campaign that way, but that is no fun IMHO... Have fun... practice and then you might beat the axis in the first battle... otherwise go on to the second battle and see if you can win the campaign...

Thanks for your feedback and enjoy...

This is a work of art in my view so thanks to all involved for guaranteeing me many hours of additional enjoyment with CMBN.

I played the first turn and the mayhem was astounding which begs a question. Since this is a campaign, will there be opportunities for replacements in follow on scenarios? I can see losing most of Company F in the first landing scenario and some platoons might be completely annihilated.

I played the first turn and the mayhem was astounding which begs a question. Since this is a campaign, will there be opportunities for replacements in follow on scenarios?
Yes replacements, resupply and rest are all taken into the account based upon the amount of destruction cause especailly by the Draw Poker battle. There are times later in the Campaign where your resupply, rest and replacements could be down, depending on the battle and situation. Look at the battle flow in the PDF that is included and see battles like Counter Attack and Highway Song which will fight up to 2 or 4 different ways based upon the variables...

The way I designed the flow is dependent on the Draw Poker battle... 6 of the same battle are played for a win or loss, 6 of the same battles are played on the win side, and 6 different battles are played on the loss side, so 12 battles in all for the campaign. You can get knocked out early with too many battle loses and end up only playing 6-11 battles. Every battle has a minimum of 3 AI plans most are 4 or 5, so thus even during replayability the chances of the battle playing out the same is 33% or less (that includes Draw Poker).

The Team thanks you and enjoy...

Firstly, many thanks for putting this together - it looks like it's going to be an amazing campaign (which is good news, because I've completed ALL the others, including the 3rd party ones).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Any tips on how to get the infantry onto the beaches in the first scenario?

My prep bombardment clearly wasn't good enough, and they just got annihilated use the "Quick" command.

Should I go for a linear bombardment across the bluffs overlooking the beaches?

And thereafter what's a 'good' way to get the infantry onto dry land?

Sorry to ask what I should learn myself, but the whole beach landing thing is new to me. Perhaps it's simply the nature of beach landings...

R

Russkly,

***************SPOILERS**************

your third line above with maximum effort should surpress the troops enough to get infantry on the beach and to the bluffs... then you need to get the next waves onto the beach while the first wave survivers are hiding. Use smoke from the armor if possible... once you have units established on the beaches, more Arty should arrive, though it will take 8-12 minutes from call to it hits (hopefully you placed the eight TRP's you start with on areas that looked important) by then your final waves should be arriving and ou can get them up on shore... Linear Arty seems to be important in this mission....

Hope this helps and dont forget you can win the campaign even if you lose the first mission...enjoy

Great to hear this monster is released, it's been cooking in the oven for quite some time now. (and FredRocker is a helluva cook :D) I had a blast play-testing some of the scenarios, so thanks again for having me. Gonna have to put my Mountebourg push on hold and fire this one up now! I've been waiting for it. ;)

Firstly, many thanks for putting this together - it looks like it's going to be an amazing campaign (which is good news, because I've completed ALL the others, including the 3rd party ones).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Any tips on how to get the infantry onto the beaches in the first scenario?

My prep bombardment clearly wasn't good enough, and they just got annihilated use the "Quick" command.

Should I go for a linear bombardment across the bluffs overlooking the beaches?

And thereafter what's a 'good' way to get the infantry onto dry land?

Sorry to ask what I should learn myself, but the whole beach landing thing is new to me. Perhaps it's simply the nature of beach landings...

R

SPOILERS_______________________________________________________

I playtested this scenario and got a major victory. Don't know if it has been changed since. But key, like Fredrock said, are accurate linear arty targets on key areas. Other than that, make ALL identified pillboxes and AT-guns your top priority, directly after each wave of tanks arrive. I also found that the center of the map was a good area to "funnel" your units through, after getting them on the beach. Your initial units will be cut to pieces, but that goes with the territory I guess....

Hi

I really enjoy your campaign. the beachlanding was really fun and i loved the small but intense third mission.

Now i was playing mission 4 - the airfield mission

Spoilers_____________________________________________________________________

my plan was to use the m20 and one platoon of g company to intercept reinforcements coming from the south east as you mentioned in the briefing. i expected them to come over the bridge. so i scouted forward with the m20 and the platoon followed them in jeeps. in front of the small hill with the "dense" forest i stopped and dismounted while my m20 directed artillery fire on the airfield. my infantry advanced into the forest. then the bluebar was really slow and i knew that their reinforcements will arrive. i thought hmm i am too late for an ambush. but when the replay phase started the german reinforcements spawned all over my infantry in the woods and annihilated them. this experience was a bit disappointing and i quitted.

maybe you should at least seal of the forest by placing some units in there or spawn the troops further south.

Hi permanent666,

Sorry for the disappointing encounter with the reinforcements, it will be addressed and see if it can be fixed... It is my mistake as in the map being 1500m deep, I didnt think that those reinforcements would come into play like you have described... But I see your logic for the ambush and I will address the issue, my apologies for the inconvienance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I really enjoy your campaign. the beachlanding was really fun and i loved the small but intense third mission.

Now i was playing mission 4 - the airfield mission

Spoilers_____________________________________________________________________

my plan was to use the m20 and one platoon of g company to intercept reinforcements coming from the south east as you mentioned in the briefing. i expected them to come over the bridge. so i scouted forward with the m20 and the platoon followed them in jeeps. in front of the small hill with the "dense" forest i stopped and dismounted while my m20 directed artillery fire on the airfield. my infantry advanced into the forest. then the bluebar was really slow and i knew that their reinforcements will arrive. i thought hmm i am too late for an ambush. but when the replay phase started the german reinforcements spawned all over my infantry in the woods and annihilated them. this experience was a bit disappointing and i quitted.

maybe you should at least seal of the forest by placing some units in there or spawn the troops further south.

I had the same experience my platoon had a company spawn on top of them.