SC2 GC Gold compatibility with SC2 GC

Have been for a while working on a mod about 1.5 times the scale of the original 1939 World at War, and adapting scripts accordingly in SC2 GC.

Would it be compatible this mod, in SC2 GC Gold?

Would it be possible to adapt scripts with relative ease, in case compatibility it is not possible?

At least data files could be imported, as minimun.

Thanks.

At the moment the regular Global Conflict mods would not be directly compatible without a bit of leg work in doing the necessary conversions but I might have a conversion tool available this time around, something I'm working on for this release at least, but I can't promise anything just yet as there is still much to do.

That being said, much of the data could be imported regardless... there is just some work in taking into account the additional units and the extra majors and how that would affect things like the scripts, i.e. unit and country ids and so on.

Thanks, Hubert for your prompt reply.

I feared so.

After some extension of time into adapting scripts but not throughly tested this mod, it would not be of practical use for SC2 Gold. With the feature of 8 majors, should have been interesting.

Just keep waiting for SC2 Gold release.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to completely spill the beans, but let me say that Hubert has made this latest conversion process a little easier than before. There is still some effort required to do it, moreso with complicated customized mods like my Advanced Third Reich campaigns. But as always it is doable. :cool: