Panzers Marsch! *SPOILERS*

Hey guys, I was having a little difficulty on the 5th mission first time round as my troops numbers were so low, and therefore decided to be a bit daring on my second attempt..

As people who have played it will know, it's the mission where you need to make it to the other side of the map with minimal casualties.

I decided to run my first wave of 4x half-tracks all across the other side of the map, using fast, using full, heavy fire howitzer and 102mm mortar fire on the hedge lines in the first field.

Two half-tracks managed to blitz across with ease with the lagging two having difficulties as they came under tank fire. I immediately sent two of my panthers to the rescue.

This is what they managed to conjure.

rapep.th.jpg

Just a question:

I think I'm on the last mission now (St Jean De Daye)

I have only 3 panthers (even though I had 4 surviving the last mission), and only one full platoon, on at just less than half strength. the other Platoons have no more than 10-12 guys. Does everyone start on this amount? I dont understand how the campaign unit system works. I definitely do not have enough men to take out a town!!

I am hoping that the mass rape I inflicted on the computer last mission also has consequences on his units this mission aswell!?

• 4 months later...

Last mission is tough if you find yourself understrength, but not impossible.

SPOLIER

There's more Shermans out there than you'd expect and the armour clash will ultimately decide the battle.

What puzzles me is that I apparently failed to secure two objectives that I can't see on the map...

(East Flank Road and The Chateau: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103115)

Yeah my infantry numbers were badly depleted by the beginning last mission (mostly as a result of casualties sustained in the bloody second battle). A lack of manpower was a problem the Germans had to deal with frequently.

John's right in that the battle basically comes down to the armour clash. I didn't win the armour battle and lost, but given that the remaining enemy were mostly the aforementioned armour units, I probably would have won otherwise.

Strangely this was what I thought one of the easier missions. After having my scout half tracks push ahead in a good spot, I was able to see where the majority of the Amiees were. I moved the FOO up and in a few minutes just bombarded the hell out of the hedge a good number of them were taking cover in.

So then I looked at the map and I considered the left side of the map the best to travel. The forest on the right was far too conspicuous and the road was what I thought the most probable place for my men to get chewed up. So I jigged left and pushed my entire unit down that axis.

I breached the hedges with the sappers then pushed my Panthers in first. After awhile I noticed the left side was strangely empty. I pushed a panther down towards the right into a box of hedgerow with a lower bocage that peeked onto the highway.

Holy Sherman-hell! My tank fired a shot and backed out. Knocking out one.

After a convoy of American halftracks and troops were wiped out, I just kept jigging my panthers in and out of the cover there and pushed a panther with all my infantry around them to get to the objective. Only had a tank gun knocked out. It sucked though, because I had a tank the next scenerio with no ability to shoot anything but MG34.

That battle was surprising in the amount of armour and I think I was really lucky in catching that by accident. Once I had my panthers in the right spot I was able to wipe them all out

Last mission is tough if you find yourself understrength, but not impossible.

SPOLIER

There's more Shermans out there than you'd expect and the armour clash will ultimately decide the battle.

What puzzles me is that I apparently failed to secure two objectives that I can't see on the map...

(East Flank Road and The Chateau: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103115)

***SPOILER****

The Cheateau and East road are right next to each other. When begining all you have to do is head down the dirt road to a large complex... wooden fences, bocage the ususal.. There is a small road that exits near that complex. HINT... if you take the main road.. watch out for the ATG... Wont tell you where its at.. but its in the most logical and predictible place.