Fundamental Issues for the Peng Challenge Thread: It's Fun and Mental!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Stuka

I live on the desert floor

I live downwind from you

If you hear something late at night

Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight

Just don't ask me what it was

Just don't ask me what it was

Cause I won't know... because I''m stupid...er... Stuka

I think it's because I'm clumsy

I try not to talk too loud

Maybe it's because I'm crazy

I try not to act too proud... Cuz I'm Stuka

They only hit me in the head

And make me worship the Great Fred

And my halitosis, they all dread

I no longer have street cred

Yes, I'm Stuka

My name is Stuka

My name is Stuka

My name is Stuka

Note Buzzsaw's gamey use of grid contour stuff, gamey use of a [sneer]QB ME[/sneer] and gamey purchase of 8 Shermans plus 2 H/Ts against my sensible but flawed purchase of only 2 Panthers.

The rest was a foregone conclusion hence my brave decision to end the debacle early.

This should have been a 'best of three'.

Nevertheless, welcome to the round table young Buzzsaw, you'll find it to be nothing like you'd hoped.

Unfortunately, we cannot have a best of three, as squire Buzzsaw is no longer. To your lasting shame, your all time record against that lowly squire will forever be 0-1. 0-fer. Winless. Pathetic.

Sir Bussaw, the knight, will have to carefully consider the terms of any matches. You really seem to have distinguished yourself through exceptional gaminess. That is saying something in this crowd. Perhaps a QB attack/defend series on the same map with each of us playing each side once? I rather like the idea of a QB, as you have a clearly demonstrated your weakness in purchasing units. (Never bring a sniper rifle to a tank fight.) I have played exactly 1.5 scenarios, from the disk or otherwise, so there is that option. However, I’ll need to get to the bottom of Shaw’s accusations of double-blind gaminess. As a knight of the Cesspool, you realize that I must treat any charges brought by the Justicar with the utmost seriousness.

Unfortunately, we cannot have a best of three, as squire Buzzsaw is no longer. To your lasting shame, your all time record against that lowly squire will forever be 0-1. 0-fer. Winless. Pathetic.

Sir Bussaw, the knight, will have to carefully consider the terms of any matches. You really seem to have distinguished yourself through exceptional gaminess. That is saying something in this crowd. Perhaps a QB attack/defend series on the same map with each of us playing each side once? I rather like the idea of a QB, as you have a clearly demonstrated your weakness in purchasing units. (Never bring a sniper rifle to a tank fight.) I have played exactly 1.5 scenarios, from the disk or otherwise, so there is that option. However, I’ll need to get to the bottom of Shaw’s accusations of double-blind gaminess. As a knight of the Cesspool, you realize that I must treat any charges brought by the Justicar with the utmost seriousness.

True lad, true. You may be the exception to the rule.

Perhaps not ALL runeians are complete idiots like their liege.

Mind you the correct term is Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread. I normally append "Beloved" before the title but that's purely honorary and not part of the title granted me by the Olde Ones. And while it's not required it is customary to bold the names of Squires and above. Pity there isn't a double bold ubb code for me ... it would only be appropriate.

Joe

Pah! You got lucky punk.

As to double-blind gaminess, this has been covered many times and the stenographers have all the dictations AND the court rulings...which all found me innocent and above even a hint of blame and in all jurisdictions entitled to a counter suit for slander and false accusation.

But as you are a wet-behind-the-ears greenhorn i'll give you the exec summary. Yes Joe Xhia and I played a game that I had played before (from the other side) HOWEVER this was made clear prior to the setup and yet OFJ accepted the terms and moved on to another of his customary defeats. THEN and only THEN did the Just-a-Carrot cry foul...shameful really that this happened at least 6 years ago or thereabouts and yet HE *points accusing finger* still attempts to besmirch my good name with mis-information, lies, lies, damned lies and probably some statistics too if he can work those in somehow.

It's like the old saying..."You can lead a Joe Shaw to water, you can tell him its been peed in, so if he still drinks it, he's an ass"

Perhaps not ALL runeians are complete idiots like their liege.

I think the problem with rune is not so much that he is an idiot—although there is some considerable reason to suppose that the term does indeed apply—as that he has all the morals of a cottonmouth moccasin. One has but to glance briefly at one of his scenarios (and quickly, shudderingly look away) to see that Ming the Merciless has been cast forever in the shade.

Michael

Pah! You got lucky punk.

As to double-blind gaminess, this has been covered many times and the stenographers have all the dictations AND the court rulings...which all found me innocent and above even a hint of blame and in all jurisdictions entitled to a counter suit for slander and false accusation.

But as you are a wet-behind-the-ears greenhorn i'll give you the exec summary. Yes Joe Xhia and I played a game that I had played before (from the other side) HOWEVER this was made clear prior to the setup and yet OFJ accepted the terms and moved on to another of his customary defeats. THEN and only THEN did the Just-a-Carrot cry foul...shameful really that this happened at least 6 years ago or thereabouts and yet HE *points accusing finger* still attempts to besmirch my good name with mis-information, lies, lies, damned lies and probably some statistics too if he can work those in somehow.

It's like the old saying..."You can lead a Joe Shaw to water, you can tell him its been peed in, so if he still drinks it, he's an ass"

As usual Stuka lies ... his guilt is well established. Yes he did mention that he had played the scenario but as he had gone to the "trouble" to create the setup I didn't feel right about him wasting the three hours it took him to do so. So I agreed to play the game. NONE of that contradicts the plain and self admitted fact that he was a non-double blind gamey bastiche ... well the last part isn't indicated by the scenario, it just IS.

And six years ago or not, still waters lie deep beneath the acorn bred oak tree ... or somefink. Once a non-double blind gamey bastiche ALWAYS a non-double blind gamey bastiche.

Mind you all the Australopithecine are that way, Mace once charged a MG of mine ... with my own troops that had surrendered to him.

Joe

Now that is a particularly revolting concept... Let's hope they aren't sharing other things, like toothbrushes and underwear.

Better that they should share those with each other than with some innocent third party. Look on the bright side: they can be kept isolated in a single cell. That's economical.

Michael

Sir Boo Radley, as the duly appointed Auxilliary Backup Deputy Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread I hereby call upon you to fulfill your duty to the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread, the Peng Challenge Thread and the Olde Ones and monitor this thread and any subsequent threads for compliance with the sacred traditions of the Peng Challenge Thread.

In other words ... I'm going out of town for most of the next three weeks. I'll be able to drop in from time to time to ensure that you haven't stubbed your fingers on a rock grinding wheel or forgotten and put your pants on backwards again leading to plaintive cries of "I can't find it" until the lovely Lady Rose points out your mistake ... yet again.

So ... take out your bullet lad, it's that time again.

knotts-crawling.jpg

Joe