Bug in Carbide Carbide

Ok so I've encountered something similiar to this.. Ive had squads get 'split up' (not by my order) where a member seems to go missing or lags far behind. the Squads icon floats above nothing on the ground, not where the squad is.

This however similiar, is different and much more annoying.

Winkelreid has made a breakthrough in my pbem of carbide carbide, in my effort of damage control I loaded up a truck with troops to rush to the area. everything seems fine, until one part of a split squad (a part with a pzfaust, stg 44, mg42, and mp40 wich sucks bc i need that firepower) mounted the truck. Well they all did except apparently one member. The truck has been motionless for a couple of minutes. However the squads icon is greyed out as it is whenever units are panicking or mounting/dismounting. These troops have not been fired on yet, and are at least 2,000 meters from the fighting. The truck never even began moving yet. So I dismounted all of the infantry. Even had the driver bail out, as I need control of those men, etc etc. All having the driver bail out do was make that team subsititute one of their own for a driver - however the icon is still greyed out, and the missing member has gone into the twilight zone.

plenty of saves availible for anyone 'cept my buddy winkelreid =)

There may be an "occasional bug" re loading troops. I have a truck that was in the process of being boarded, but in the process one of the squad members was hit a few yards away.

So, now the troop icon is greyed out so no orders can be issued. Also, while it appears that the rest of the squad is on board and the truck can be issued orders, it won't move.

Except that this squad is virgin as far as taking fire so far. its odd because I dont even think they ran outta room on the truck. tho perhaps since I was trying to load most of a depleted platoon that they ran out of room by squads ordered to go on while they were boarding. e.g. squad a is boarding while I order the HQ and B to board. some reason squad A believes truck is full now? BFC

however the icon is still greyed out, and the missing member has gone into the twilight zone.

I had that happen in a QB recently. It was a mortar squad, and the missing solder was (when I last checked on him) about 800m from his squad. (I found him by taking a heading on the icon from his squad.) At first I thought he was just headed to where the truck had been directed. No. Perhaps he wanted to check on something in the enemy setup zone. The game ended before we found out just where he was going.

I thought this was a known bug. But if someone wants a save I think I can recover one via DB. If so... a single save, or, say the turn before the bug appeared and the turn after?

• 2 weeks later...

Update - several turns later the squad finished 'mounting up' and I regained control. I think the game may have gotten confused by me ordering a few teams to board the truck, and it filled ot capacity before the whole squad boarded, screwing it up. i disembarked everyone and it straightened itself out.

Im not sure where he went. Ive encountered this before and seen the errant guy. I couldnt find him however.. I think he was around or something and when I let the truck completely empty (driver too) he eventually found his way back. Suddenly I had control, the squad was mounted up. Ill check for sure, but roughly 7-10 minutes. Again I think the issue is that I miscalculated how many spots were on the truck. I ordered a few half squads etc to mount up. Some got there first however and I think that the game let me order them in b/c there was room, but when they mounted (along with other troops at the same time) the truck filled, and the game didnt know what to do..

• 1 year later...