Russian Winter strikes in Poland

In one of my games Red Army went on the early offensive and as a result, the frontline at the beginning of 1942, was established well within ex Polish territory, or if you like Western Belarus and Ukraine. Despite of that, Wehrmacht got struck by the "Russian Winter". I think this should occur only if the Germans venture much deeper into the Soviet Union. I'd say beyond the Dnepr line and east of the Balitc republics. The climate in Western Belarus and Ukraine is not so severe and German supply lines there would be shorter. Due to that, Wehrmach schould be less vulnerable to the impact of weather and General Frost.

Polishwinter.png

Should be relatively easy to do by modifying the script responsible for this. When I encounter a situation which was not anticipated by the original script I usually modify it to produce the behavior I'm looking for. That's the real beauty of SC.

Anybody can enlighten me how to modify the scripts, as I'm not very programming literate? Anyway, this was a suggestion to the game creators and the script responsible for "Russian Winter" should be changed in the new patch.

Hi

I've just checked the script for this and it will fire even if the Axis have not advanced into the USSR, it just checks for the USSR having joined the Allies.

The good news is that if the Axis haven't advanced into the USSR, as in your game, then there should be no damage to Axis units.

In other words, even though the message pops up to say Soviet Winter Strikes, as all the Axis forces are in eastern Germany/Poland, they should be quite safe from its effects.

Looking at your screenshot and comparing it to the scripts, I don't think that there should have been any Axis losses from this.