Toggle between AI vs human

I recall another computer wargame allowed players to switch sides when playing the AI, but i forget the name of the game. This feature would be interesting for SC, but maybe quite difficult to implement Sometimes when I'm playing the AI I just want to take control and see if could do better instead of just ending the game out of frustration. This would be better than playing solitaire since you still have the AI to play with.

Clash of Steel (SSI) had this feature.

It was a very nice one, as you could change the sides once you had more or less beaten the AI, trying to turn the tide of war.

I'm hoping and asking for this feature since the very first Strategic Command game.

Maybe somewhere down the road Hubert will have time, interest and possibilties to introduce this feature.

Okay pzgrdr, what you say may be correct, but is not what I expected it would be. Using F4 mearly hands over to the AI your side's turn, but doesn't allow you to take over the AI side's turn in return. That's what I was looking for. So, I'm with xwormwood and hoping to see that feature added in the near future.

By the way, I liked how toggling F3 disables the animation between turns and speeds up the AI's turn.

PP

To clarify, under the latest WWI engine F4 is now replaced by the F3 key which is the 'DEBUGAI' function.

Unfortunately it does not allow you to switch sides with the AI but as you've discovered it allows you to set an AI-vs-AI game but once disabled it will return you to control the side you originally selected.

Hope this helps,

Hubert