Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

My men vanished from foxhole

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I was setting up a defence in a pbem game and placed my men in foxholes and woods/scattered trees.

A few turns later i notice an empty foxhole....a close look reveals that the have gone! They were hiding and had not come under fire at all. I opened up an earlier file to check and sure enough they were there a few turns ago.

I still have the PBEM files, is this a known bug?

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest Madmatt

Not sure but you are in the WRONG FORUM for this type of stuff! BAD BAD CAPITALIST!

Madmatt

p.s. send me the file and I will take a look

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-07-2000).]

Madmatt,

Hi,

sorry if this is in the wrong place....i thought any bug type questions should be posted here in the tech support section.

I can copy and paste it to the main forum if you like? Maybe we can get some other opinions as i seem to remember reading a post before from someone with the same problem.

Tonight i will send you the PBEM files showing "Before and after".

Thanks

CDIC

PS. The PBEM file shows the same M10 ignoring the incoming fire that i mentioned in my other post just now, in case you are interested to look.

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I had the same thing happen to me in a scenario against the AI the other day.

I had a defensive position with two MG's and a rifle platoon.

All of a sudden when I checked in on my troops I noticed that one of the rifle squads and one of the MG's were missing.

------------------

< All gave some, some gave ALL>

Owner of MiNa's CMBO Page

http://www.combat-mission.com

Is it possible they were killed (perhaps from an artillery airburst?), and that you cannot see them because your unit size is set to normal or +1? Try hitting "shift-c" a few times to enlarge your units, dead and alive. This sort of thing has happened to me (i.e. missing men), and a couple "shift-c"'s later, I found them easily.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Madmatt,

Thanks for the definitive answer.....i must be more observant, i must be more observant, i must be more observant, i must be more observant.........

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918