Install error

Hi,

Sorry if I'm on the wrong forum - pls point me to the right place.

I'm trying to install and get this error:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict\eLicPatch.exe

An error occurred while trying to read the source file: Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."

I checked and this file eLicPatch.exe doesn't exist in that directory. I've also tried installing the game to another directory but get a similar error.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with this particular error. However if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you may want to try installing the game/patch by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. Hopefully this should provide sufficient rights to install everything without issue.

Hi jjdenver,

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps this file was flagged by your anti-virus and not allowed to install?

This may have happened during a previous installation and it is now an issue for your reinstall or it happened during your current installation.

If you can check with your anti-virus program and look for any quarantined files etc., this might help to narrow it down.

I only suggest this as my anti-virus, AVG, has incorrectly flagged this file in the past on my end as well.

Hubert