[WIP] A tool for CMBN.

Japanzer

Agreed I am impressed. On top of that I see that you are driving the game UI which is even more impressive. I would really like to learn how you are doing that. What kind of a script are you running and how are you reading the screen information?

Does the tool extract each squad's casualty break down as well as its combat victories?

This is a HUGE breakthrough. Thanks for working on this.

One thought: If this utility is going into the unit database and pulling out this information, would it be able to find the names of all the soldiers in each unit? We know that all the soldiers are named, because when a leader dies The name and rank of the soldier newly promoted to lead the unit appears in the UI.

If this is possible without a lot of extra work, please consider making this or another tool that would make a roster of the indivifual soldiers. This would also make it possible to get to know them better.

This is a HUGE breakthrough. Thanks for working on this.

One thought: If this utility is going into the unit database and pulling out this information, would it be able to find the names of all the soldiers in each unit? We know that all the soldiers are named, because when a leader dies The name and rank of the soldier newly promoted to lead the unit appears in the UI.

If this is possible without a lot of extra work, please consider making this or another tool that would make a roster of the indivifual soldiers. This would also make it possible to get to know them better.

+1 on this. If something could be run at the start to draw out unit organization and at least formation leaders it would make for a much simpler process to actually write an AAR, especially for larger battles.

>ian.leslie,

This tool does not hook from CM. How to get words is an image comparison method by using UWSC.exe.

This tool has many image files for word, such as "Sherman" or "Squad", and some font character image files.

The image file are compared to CM screen. If CM screen has an image of the image file, this tool writes something word or character.

>Broadsword56,

I think CM decides only one soldier name per unit, NOT every soldiers. At best, CM would name NCOs. When leaders dies, CM deciedes new name for new leader.

New leader name may be decided randomly from "soldier names american.txt" or "soldier names german.txt" in the folder Normandy v100B.brz-b-text.

This tool has all(maybe) name image files. If you make special name for an unit, this tool compares it with character image files.(It takes longer time.)

post-12282-141867623295_thumb.jpg

>ian.leslie,

This tool does not hook from CM. How to get words is an image comparison method by using UWSC.exe.

This tool has many image files for word, such as "Sherman" or "Squad", and some font character image files.

The image file are compared to CM screen. If CM screen has an image of the image file, this tool writes something word or character.

Very clever!

So now I see how you are "reading" the screen. However I am still curious though - your script seems to be driving the UI by selecting units one after another. Is that true or do I have to manually select each unit with the script running?

One additional question then: if I am running a UI mod I suspect that it could interfere with the "reading" routine if the words were changed significantly.

One additional question then: if I am running a UI mod I suspect that it could interfere with the "reading" routine if the words were changed significantly.

I downloaded the tool and I see in the read me you answer my additional question: Correct don't use UI mods for this to work.

I looked up UWS now that is a cool tool! I can see that people use this tool for testing UIs and web sites but you have gone and made use of that same technology and created a useful tool form it. Excellent!

Your read me also states that you wrote the script at a screen res of 1024x768 and that you do not guarantee it will work at other resolutions. I strongly suspect that we will find that we *must* run this at the same resolution as you. I'll have to try it out to be sure but that is my experience using these kinds of tools for testing.