Cant we mod the game???real mods..

Hey...I tought to myself...cant we mod the game..adding units for exemple..like this spr threa where he wants a HMG...

If you refer to some games the heavy modding comunity usually helps ALOT on the sales..for example the old Operation flashpoint game..

I dont have any coding or whatever skills but cant someonoe from the boards add some units and tweaks...So we can have a game exactly like we want it..imagine the awesomness this could bring..

This wont happen, especially since BFC went to modules. What would be the point if you guys could make the units yourselves? I am sure if you could make CMBN sell 20 million copies they would be more willing to listen. Splitting a billion dollars between the small staff would also make them more inclined to make this the last game. :)

Not abseloutly true...you see with operation flashpoint the modding community itself was selling the game...Tho they still released Red hammer and resistance...who sold itself like pancakes..why...?

Because modders could mod the game to a whole new level ...they could mod it so they make it their own..Those who played this know how sick this game was...same with ARMA..ARMA II with its tons of modules...still sells because its highly modable

Not abseloutly true...you see with operation flashpoint the modding community itself was selling the game...Tho they still released Red hammer and resistance...who sold itself like pancakes..why...?

Because modders could mod the game to a whole new level ...they could mod it so they make it their own..Those who played this know how sick this game was...same with ARMA..ARMA II with its tons of modules...still sells because its highly modable

Arma and Flashpoint are first person shooters. They are different types of games with different crowds and business models. Battlefront has looked into allowing modding, and they don't think it will work for them. Since they've stayed in business successfully for over ten years in a market where indies usually fail (and quickly), I think they know what they are talking about.

At any rate, it isn't happening. It's been discussed before, multiple times.

Well it is absolutely true. You are making an opinion based theory on why OFP sold and who sold it, which isnt true. Modders do not sell games, they improve to some extent, but I am pretty sure the game made the lion's share of it's money in the first 3 months of its release. People buy modules and expansion packs to get new stuff.

Yes I loved OFP but they are in 2 different markets. Besides we have plenty of good modders of the plethora of vehicles we already put out.

I see the reason why they won't allow mods for the current CMBN franchise in fear of diminishing income from modules.

But what about Shock Force or CM1 games for instance?

I think that every wargamer who was interested already bought it by now. Some fancy mods could bring additional buyers who although not interested in these vanilla games, could buy it for the mods.

I for instance would love a CM1 Warhammer 40.000 mod. :D

And let me tell you, if done well, it would be a magnet to thousands and thousands of people obsessed and instantly buying everything around WH universe.

I'm ok with data and units being hard-wired, but one thing it would be nice to open-source is the AI. A collaborative effort by the community could do amazing things with the AI, and since you only play it solo it doesn't matter if you are using Bill's Improved AI or Johnno's AI version 3. No cheating, no fracturing the multiplayer community, just an improved single player experience.