Epic Mockumentary Video Series

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taggartww,

Welcome aboard!

Dreadfully sorry your first post is one of woe, but not because the AI whupped you! I've PMed member wyoproducer to see what happened. Meanwhile, may I suggest this?

It's not as much fun, but it will likely spare you and your virtual warriors a lot of misery.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-tactics-a-video-series

This chronicles my experience in getting CMBN and figuring out what to do with it once I had it.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105379

Regards,

John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...

Is this series a insider secret, something to be kept from the unwashed masses? Or is it available for a paid subscription? If so, could somebody clue us in how, if one so chose, one would go about either accessing them or finding out how to access them.

I'm fine with it if it costs. More power to him. He put in the work, and he deserves to be remunerated for it if he chooses to go that direction.

What I can't figure out is why the change in access privileges from the first installment has not been publicly explained so that those who want to pursue seeing further installments can do so.

I confess in all my years perusing forums, I have never run into anything quite like this. Clearly there are people who know the answer to the questions being raised. It appears from the complete lack of a response that they have no wish to share that answer with people who do not already know.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I confess in all my years perusing forums, I have never run into anything quite like this. Clearly there are people who know the answer to the questions being raised. It appears from the complete lack of a response that they have no wish to share that answer with people who do not already know.

Curiouser and curiouser.

It was a great series, both of them were. No one is trying to hid anything the actual series seems to be gone from YouTube and only the previews are left. I have no idea what happened.

BFC even featured them on one of their own pages:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1926&Itemid=458

Now all the segments are marked private - very odd.

It was a great series, both of them were. No one is trying to hid anything the actual series seems to be gone from YouTube and only the previews are left. I have no idea what happened.

BFC even featured them on one of their own pages:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1926&Itemid=458

Now all the segments are marked private - very odd.

I'm certainly not accusing anyone in particular of doing anything in particular. It's a mystery to me. I am merely stating what appears to be facts, that there ARE people (or perhaps just one person) who knows what is going on, and yet no effective attempt has been made to communicate what it is to this community. For all I know the reasons could be purely practical and not conspiratorial. As you say, it's just...odd.

My =belief= is that the extremely talented producer of these series was hoping for donations. I think he removed the videos based on a lack of recompense.

If I'm wrong, I apologise for any misunderstanding.

FWIW, I appreciate the author's work and feel it is up to him to do what he wishes with his work.

Ken

My =belief= is that the extremely talented producer of these series was hoping for donations. I think he removed the videos based on a lack of recompense.

If I'm wrong, I apologise for any misunderstanding.

FWIW, I appreciate the author's work and feel it is up to him to do what he wishes with his work.

Ken

I completely agree that IF that is in fact what happened, it is totally up to him what to do next, including privatizing them. From what he said it was TONS of work. Totally understandable. We have no inherent right to his work. It would be helpful if that was explained, but I suppose he might legitimately be concerned about a negative reaction by some to his decision and figure it would be best just to quietly withdraw it.

I too appreciate everything that was done and tremendously enjoyed watching them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...