Epic Mockumentary Video Series

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Watching this incredible piece of work, it occurs to me that:

1. CM:BN is incredibly well modelled at the individual level and is aesthetically beautiful, but I miss most of it because I play RT and spend most of the time managing Coy-Btn-sized battles from view levels 3 or 4. I'm missing so much!

2. AFVs rule.

3. US 60mm mortars are the dog's b*llocks!

Great piece of work - it might almost tempt me to go back to WEGO, so that I can rewind the action and see it like Patrick shows it.

R

Ditto on the accolades! My favorite part is where the "announcer" states that while this is a fictional battle at a fictional location and played on a computer game, it's no less real to the virtual soldiers involved. ROFL!

Also loved the documentary style of the "interviews" including translations of the Germans! Double-ROFL!

Wow, fantastic and well done.....I hope you decide to make more as its very entertaining....And you should pitch it as a show for the history channel where you can recreate and tell the story of real battles. I think it would be a hit.....Would love it if you can even incorporate the stories into actual gaming scenarios where we could play them...I would even pay a fee....hmmm I wonder what if you put together a historical battle story put together similar as you did this one then packaged it with a scenario you can incorporate into the game and play it or even a small campaign then sold it at a nominal fee, I think you would get quite a few interested buyers with me being first line......just a thought.....and again great show and would love to see more......

This is the sort of stuff to forward to your friends in the hope you can get them interested in the CM series. The one problem is most-everyone I know seems to suffer from a terminally short attention span these days. Anything lasting more than 7 minutes they become distracted and wander into the next room, which you can imagine tends to piss-off their girlfriends. ')

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Martin and all the people of Battlefront.com for their incredible enthusiasm and support over the course of this past week -- relative to the release of my previously clandestine (and grueling) 6-month "experiment" (Tales of Virtual Combat) and also for creating such an outstanding battle simulation in CM:BN, which made it all possible. I also want to thank all of the people on this forum, from around the world, for the inspiring response to the program. You are most certainly welcome! :)

I'm sincerely grateful and glad that my creation was, to some small degree, worthy of a whopping 200-minutes out of each of your personal lives. It definitely vindicates my decision not only to persue the project in the first place, but to make it public upon completion.

Wow! Nearly 11,000 veiws in its initial week of release. THIS, I did not anticipate. Now, if there was only a truly efficient way in which to bring the video to the fore of the full spectrum of history buffs at-large! With it being in its infancy, I'm afraid that the His Story Internet(ional) channel is not, as yet, influencial enough to reach a mass market of that size. :D

Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

PTW

Hi Patrick,

This was a very enjoyable 200 mins. Well done!

A little feedback (without spoilers): narratively speaking, I think it was a bit awkward (for lack of a better word) to introduce a completely new player in the next-to final sequence like that. It somewhat ruined the nice build-up of tension and character you managed throughout. I say somewhat because it is still an incredibly entertaining movie you made there. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Patrick,

This was a very enjoyable 200 mins. Well done!

A little feedback (without spoilers): narratively speaking, I think it was a bit awkward (for lack of a better word) to introduce a completely new player in the next-to final sequence like that. It somewhat ruined the nice build-up of tension and character you managed throughout. I say somewhat because it is still an incredibly entertaining movie you made there. Thanks for sharing.

do you mean introducing the Shermans? well the Stugs had to go one way, I didnt see the infantry getting close enough for a bazooka kill.